Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day” (Exodus 16 vs 4)
Sourdough is made from yeast spores collected from the air and these are then used to ferment the bread.
The people of Israel called the bread manna. It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey. (Exodus 16 vs 31)
Things that have a double meaning or a mirrored meaning:
- The virgin mother of god – The Mother – the jar of sourdough I keep in the fridge
- Christ’s body – The Body – the bread created
- Transformation of bread into host- Activation – the act of adding flour to the mother to start the bread making process
- Christ is our leaven and transforms our sin into salvation- Yeast -The active ingredient that makes bread edible
- 3 elements as one in God- The Trinity – using the 3 ingredients in bread which all have to be there.
- Sacrifice of Christ- Broken – the act of eating the bread